A 3-year-old boy identified as Captain Chuenbubpha has reportedly set himself ablaze while he was playing with a hand sanitizer and a lighter in his parent’s house.
Captain hails from Samut Praka, Thailand.
Captain Chuenbubpha became engulfed in flames at his home after the highly inflammable sanitizer gel was squirted on him according to reports.
The incident happened on Wednesday, August 26, when Captain and his older brother Nonoe, five; were playing as they were getting ready for school.
Captain poured the gel all over his arms and hands; then splashed it onto his uniform and squirted the contents of the gel container at his brother.
His brother in retaliation, squirted it back at the young boy; then the two picked and lit up a cigarette lighter they took from their parents’ bedroom drawers .
Captain, who had the most alcohol gels on his shirt, was immediately engulfed in flames within a few seconds.
Their uncle, Thanwa Chuenbubpha, who rushed Captain to hospital; after hearing his screams has warned other parents about the danger of the gel.
He said he did not know what to do at first after seeing his nephew burning on his neck, chest, and arms.
Captain was later taken to the hospital in an ambulance. The child has recovered well with minor burns after staying at the hospital for one night.