The Caretaker Chairman of Ibadan North Local Government, Hon. Waheed Adeniyi Akanbi, under the leadership of the Oyo State Governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde, on today Thursday 28th of January, was honoured Award of Excellence for his immesed contribution to the progress of Ibadan North Local Government and Oyo State as whole within his one year in office, by Merit Communication, Ibadan.
The duo, while speaking at the event, which took place at the Lady Bank Anthony Hall, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, said this award is dedicated to his one and only Boss, the Oyo State Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde, while extolled the leadership qualities of Engineer Seyi Makinde as he pilots the affairs of the State in the right direction.
Hon. Waheed Adeniyi Akanbi expressed delight at working under the supervision of Oyo State Governor, Gov. Seyi Makinde, who he described as a “dynamic leader who understands management and tactics of governance.”
While receiving the awards of honour, the Caretaker Chairman appreciated his Organizer for honouring him the Award of Excellent Performance for the Best Performance.
A statement from the Oyo State NUJ Chairman, Comrade Alhaji Ademola said, Hon. Waheed Adeniyi Akanbi has admirably proved his capacity as a visionary, who is focused with lofty initiatives and programmes designed to cure the age-long cancer of neglect, poverty, impoverishment and underdevelopment which has plagued Ibadan North Local Government.
“Hon. Waheed Adeniyi Akanbi’s barely one years’ leadership in Ibadan North Local Government has restored smiles on the faces of enslaved youths, civil servants, graduates and communities with debilitating development issues,” the statement said.
The duo dedicated the awards of honour to his principal, governor Seyi Makinde who counted him worthy to be one of selected members of Oyo State Caretaker in his administration, noting that the governor has been working to take Oyo State from poverty to prosperity.
The event had in attendance, the 10 local government Caretakers Chairmen, Oyo State Honorable members house of Assembly, among others.
You would be recalled that he performed excellently well within his short period of his administration as the Caretaker Chairman of Ibadan North Local Government in the areas, such as:
1. Servicing of Local Government Security meetings regularly.
2. Restoration of Electricity to the local government Secretariat Complex to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of Service delivery.
3. Repairs of Earth moving equipments for prompt repairs and maintenance of road Network within the local government axis, such equipments include;
Low Bed Truck.
4. Regular and routing immigration program were vigorously purchased and implemented across all the Political Wards of the local government.
5. Construction and adequate equipment of a building for Outpatient, Ante-natal and Infant Welfare Clinic at Primary Health Centre, Idi-Ogungun, Gate, Ibadan.
6. Provision of 36KVA generator for PHC, Idi- Ogungu.
7. Drilling of Borehole, and Provision of Water Tanks to provide Drinking water at PHC, Idi-Ogungun.
8. Construction of a Standard Pedestrian Bridge across Alagbafo stream to connect Oke-Apon and Kube axis to forestall flooding the area.
9. Construction of Retaining wall, Concreting and formwork on the Yemetu River at front of Chief (Justice) Adeyemi’s Residence.
10. Revolution, Rehabilitation and re-construction of Skill Acquisition Center, Aladoorin, Ibadan.
11. Provision of Equipments such as Gas cooker, sewing machines, smart phones, 20U Machines (Industrial Machines) for Trainees at Skill Acquisition Center.
12. Construction and stocking of local government Poultry house.
13. Distribution of Planting materials, Cutlass, Hoes, Seeds, Sprayers and Chemicals to Farmers at Ibadan North local government.
14. Sewing of uniforms and equipping the Vigilante group of Ibadan North.
15. Disbursing some CDC Community with Cash rewards to Complement the efforts of Local Government in their areas.