A popular gospel singer identified as Chika has reportedly died after he was suspected to have consumed a poisonous substance.
The incident occurred in a community in Umuahia North Local Government area of Abia state.
The Nation reports that the gospel artiste died where he had gone to perform at a wake in one of the communities in Umuahia, the state capital this weekend.
It was gathered that the singer started vomiting the noodles he reportedly ate minutes after introducing himself on stage.
He was said to have been taken into his car and abandoned there by a group of persons whose identities could not be ascertained at the time of filing this report.
It was gathered that he vomited until he died while the wake went on.
He was said to have been found dead inside his car on Saturday morning at the venue of the burial holding today.
Contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Maureen Chinaka promised to get back to the Nation.
She had, however, not done so at the time of filing this report.
Source: The Nation