Some Nigerians who are currently evacuating from Sudan with the help of the Nigerian government have said they were left stranded in the middle of the desert by their drivers.
Recall that the Nigerian government had earlier initiated moves to relocate Nigerians from Sudan to Egypt by buses as the crisis have made it seemingly impossible to relocate Nigerians from Sudan by air. It was also revealed by the Federal Government that they’ve spent 1.2 million dollars in the process of relocating Nigerians from Sudan.
However some Nigerians including students have lamented that their bus drivers had refused to continue with the journey, leaving them stranded in a desert. One of the Nigerian students, a lady stated that the drivers had refused to continue with the journey because they weren’t paid for the job.
She said; “We are still in this desert for five hours, we don’t know the state we are, we don’t know the situation we are in, we don’t have water our money has finished. The vehicle drivers they said they’re not moving their buses because they did not give them money.”
Speaking further, she said;
“We are in the middle of the desert, everything has finished, we are done, we don’t have anything, no money no food we don’t have compass to know our location. We are in an unknown environment and in a very big danger.”
WATCH VIDEO BELOW;
Nigerians rescued from Sudan stranded in the dessert for five hours pic.twitter.com/zd6nA3QYui— 9jaspectators (@spectatorsng) April 27, 2023